////////Hey Billy you aint getting any younger, what about those OTHER WORDS SOME OTHER DAY????

Rockyddogg2017Rockyddogg2017 Posts: 58
edited 05/14/09 in Billy Joel Discussion
Billy where are the Other words promised some other day?
MAybe this will stir something in you!

It seems the love I've known,
has always been the most destructive kind.
I guess that's why now,
I feel so old before my time."

Yesterday, when I was young,
The taste of life was sweet, as rain upon my tongue,
I teased at life, as if it were a foolish game,
The way the evening breeze may tease a candle flame

The thousand dreams I dreamed, the splendid things I planned,
I always built, alas, on weak and shifting sand,
I lived by night, and shunned the naked light of day,
And only now, I see, how the years ran away

Yesterday, when I was young,
So many happy songs were waiting to be sung,
So many wild pleasures lay in store for me,
And so much pain, my dazzled eyes refused to see

I ran so fast that time, and youth at last ran out,
I never stopped to think, what life, was all about,
And every conversation, I can now recall,
Concerned itself with me, and nothing else at all

Yesterday, the moon was blue,
And every crazy day, brought something new to do,
I used my magic age, as if it were a wand,
And never saw the worst, and the emptiness beyond

The game of love I played, with arrogance and pride,
And every flame I lit, too quickly, quickly died,
The friends I made, all seemed somehow to drift away,
And only I am left, on stage to end the play

There are so many songs in me, that won't be sung,
I feel the bitter taste, of tears upon my tongue,
The time has come for me to pay,
For yesterday, when I was young

Food for thought MR JOEL
from a 36 year diehard fan who has spent thousands and thousands of dollars on your music be it live or recordings! Dont let the sun go down as a jukebox, you got so much more to give!

Comments

• ryanwvryanwv Posts: 44
    well he would probably say i gave you my lives and Christmas in falujia. I'm over it, if we get a new album great if not well whatever, we have 12 great albums, he is still touring and hasn't turned into a lounge act like Rod Stewart, so Im happy with what he gave us. Im not saying i don't want him to write another album cause i do want him to, I've just accepted that its not what he wants to do.

• I think he's selling himself short because he's AFRAID of having less than a MEGA success.
    yes I am satisfied with what he's given us and I applaud it BUT. I think he has another album in him and he running scared!
    --
    they say that these are not the best of times but they're the only times i've ever known!
  • ryanwvryanwv Posts: 44
    wow, i just realized something. River of Dreams came out in 1993 and its 2009 so it's been 16 years. Piano man Came out in 1973 and Storm Front came out in 1989...16 years. That's 10 albums! 2 3/4 greatest hits! and almost his whole solo career in the time since he has released a new one. well im sad now, think of what we have missed :( but like i said its his choice to write or not to write.
  • joolsmithjoolsmith Posts: 823
    ROD dream went straight in at number 1 so I suppose it is possible to think that the only way is down. Maybe BJ doesn't have enough faith in us, his fans.
    Maybe he doesn't trust us to go out in our millions to buy a new album.
    There is only one thing to do Billy. You need to have faith and put us to the test.
    If CIF was a sample then I would beat a path to the internet and order your album.
    Go on, what have you got to lose?

--
    Jools

"It's about joy that comes out of sorrow"
  • Billy writes for Billy. He said this at a press meeting. Not his fans or his record company. A lot of writers are perfectionists. Maybe he has stuff he feels is not good enough or knows what to do with.
  • Johnny UtahJohnny Utah Posts: 119
    I doubt he would want to just put out something for the hell of it. I hold out hope for a new release.