Yesterday when I was young are you listening Billy?

The words for the ROY CLARK song' yesterday when I was young" keep popping into my head when I think of Billys career at this point. If he ever has that inner desire to write new material I fear he's gonna wait till its too late!. I think its a big lack of confidence on his part, he's afraid of having a less than super blockbuster Album! So he wont give it a shot! What a sad commentary on the faith he has in his fans! We've been there for him since 93 when Rod came out with nothing new! We'd die for a new release, And he cant say he cant write, I think CIF the live version he released was great! Challenge yourself one more time, Please!

Comments

• KevrockKevrock Posts: 169
    I agree with you 100% !!!
    I was not alive when ROD came out but love the album. LOL

I am scared to death that when he turns 60 he will pull another mellenium conert and say he is never touring again!
    --
    The 12 year old Billy Joel fan

Kevrock

"There's nothing els I can do, because I'm doing it all for Leyna"
  • I think the reason is, he's turned to classical music knowing that it is a form of communication within itself. It says plenty without words. The problem is a lot of his fans, myself not included don't care so why should he? He apparently is writing pieces he will either not finish or not share. At least he still gives concerts. If he's looking for ideas I think a good but ambitious one would be to write a Broadway musical based on his favorate novel "The Mysterious Stranger"
  • joolsmithjoolsmith Posts: 823
    Yes Kev I know what you mean. I'm just hoping he decides to follow Elton, Macca and the Stones who are all still performing.
    As for a new album. I would love a new album, but how do you top ROD that went straight in to Number 1. He said it all on the last track "this is all I have to say". He has also said in interviews that his writing style means he writes for an album and doesn't have lots of extra material lying around.
    If he can't write a new album I would love him to record Cold Spring Harbour again. It would be great to hear it with his mature voice.

--
    Jools

"It's about joy that comes out of sorrow"
    Why does everybody make a big deal about the vocals on CSH???? I think it sounds fine

--

Kevrock

It does sound fine, but it is a much younger BJ and I would like to hear the album with his more mature voice. I would also add Long Long Time and Oyster Bay to it (and drop You look so Good)

--
    Jools

• FussiFussi Posts: 7
    A new album would be so great!
    Yeah,
    BJ makes a big deal saying he sounded like a chipmonk

--

Kevrock

Yes, there is a correct speed version available, but it would be great to hear it re-recorded properly. The way it should have been recorded in the first place. Treat this album with the respect it deserves.
    This was phenomenal when you consider how young he was when he recorded it.

--
    Jools