No Refunds for Detroit Show

I bought [5] tickets for my wife and kids in December of 2019 for the July 2020 show at Comerica Park in DTW. Show was understandably cancelled and pushed to July 2021. Reschedule date was cancelled and pushed out another year. Ticketmaster will NOT offer a refund based on the 'show organizers' (I assume Billy Joel) policy. By 2022, Ticketmaster will have held on to my money for 2+ years. Meanwhile, my kids have moved away and will not even be able to see the concert in DTW. I am fine with cancelled / rescheduled shows, but the consumer deserves an opportunity to get a refund when dates change (especially 2+ years).

P.S. we received one notice that indicated a 30 day window to return the tickets. But the email was received after the deadline had closed.

Comments

• JMLJML Posts: 1
    I too have had a similar experience. I got my tickets through ticketMeter and they also stated since the concert is going to occur no refunds. I wrote them and explained that my husband was diagnosed with incurable Stage 4 kidney cancer in February of this year and is unlikely to still be alive next summer and asked for an exception to their policy. Their answer was you can sell them on our site and hopefully get your money back. How compassionate! Its not like I don't have enough to stress on me being his caregiver and watch his health decline everyday! And at $1000.00 a month unexpected medical costs we could use the money back. Isn't there something that could be done to assist us???? We love Billy Joel and it is why we got the tickets in the first place but with a 2 year delay circumstances change that are not within our control!!!! Please!??