Billy Joel online team

Dear Mr. Joel,

I’m writing to you today not as your biggest fan, nor as someone that has been a fan of your music for years, but as someone who’s who’s life has recently been influenced by your music.

My name is Neil Siegle, I live in Duluth Minnesota, I’m 37 years old and a divorced father of two of the sweetest boys ever.

I say I was recently influenced by your music because a fan of yours I fell in love with and met a year ago on April 12th 2020.

My story begins 18 years ago. I walked into our local grocery store and saw the most beautiful young woman I had ever laid eyes on. Her name is Kate Asperheim and is one of your biggest fans. She was 16 and I was 19.
When I saw her the first time I fell head over heels at that moment. I worked up the the courage to try and talk to her, but failing miserably, I tried a few other times and continued to fail. Eventually I met my ex wife but continued to have Kate pop back into my life several times through the years with her never realizing my existence. I always felt something about her though. It was never a definite feeling or a knowing of what the future had to hold, but just a gut feeling that there was something about her.

June of 2019 I finally left my abusive wife of 13 years. After taking time to heal i joined a dating app and there was Kate. My heart skipped a beat, “liked her”, and that was it. I had found my person. The story doesn’t end there though. Getting to know Kate I found that she is a very big fan of yours from her early childhood, Kate and her dad would listen to your music. Still into her adult years she continues listening to your music on a daily basis. I asked Kate to download some of her favorite songs to my Spotify account and thus began my love of your music. We’ve adopted a few songs into our relationship like “To make you feel my love” and “Scenes from and Italian restaurant”. Her favorite song is “Vienna”. Kate is best described as a mix between “She’s got a way about her” and “Stiletto”

I listen to your songs often and I’ve come to understand the feelings and emotions that you have behind the inspirational words in your songs. So in a fashion inspired by you, please allow me the opportunity to tell you about Kate Asperheim.

Kate “has a way about her”.
“I don’t know what it is,
But I know that I can't live without her”.

If you asked anyone about Kate, they would tell you “She's got a light around her,
And everywhere she goes
A million dreams of love surround her”.

She has the most amazing soul I’ve ever come across and she loves without judgment.

The class that she shows makes her a true “Up town girl”.

When the demons from my past marriage show, “she’s got a smile that heals me. She comes to me when I'm feelin' down
Inspires me without a sound
She touches me and I get turned around”.

I truly could “hold her for a million years to make her feel my love”.

So Mr. Joel I come to why I contact you. Kate is my best friend, my soulmate, and the love of my life. My intention is to ask her hand in marriage this fall. I’m currently working on a ring for her and documenting the construction of it with my sons in a movie for her. I know that it would mean the world to her for a few kind words from you in the video. I don’t ask you for anything but a few minutes of your time. I feel silly asking you for any time at all, but it’s the thought that counts doesn’t it? I feel that this is a grand gesture and hope to hear from you. I want to show Kate that “there’s nothing I wouldn’t do, to make her feel my love”. So again I ask for only minutes of your time. I thank you for the time you spent reading this and hope I’m lucky enough to hear back from you.

“She's got a way about her
I don't know what it is
But I know that I can't live without her”

Your fan,

Neil Siegle

[email protected]
218-591-5191
https://www.facebook.com/neil.siegle.52

Comments

• Bettyann4Bettyann4 Posts: 1
    April 28, 2021

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ … PLEASE SHARE WITH Billy Joel
    Dear Whoever is Reading This,
    HOPEFULLY you are actually reading this. I saw a piece about Cameo app where you can purchase a video from a “star” to send a message to a loved one for their birthday or whatever occasion.
    It made me think just how wonderful it would be for me to get one from Billy Joel or anything personal. Here’s a brief overview of our history with Billy Joel.
    My husband and I grew up in New York. Lots of family in Hicksville/Levittown then, and now, Billy Joel’s hometown.
    My husband and I were married in 1971 and would have celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary this July 31st, however, Joe passed away on Christmas Eve, 2020. This anniversary will be so hard for all of us.
    Joe hadn’t had a drink in 42 years but when he was drinking he would get out of the dog house, more times than not, by walking up the stairs at God knows what hour after a bender (a day or more of drinking) singing at the top of his lungs Billy’s song You May be Right and of course She’s Got a Way About Her. Truthfully, it saved our marriage. As much as I would try to stay mad it always ended up making me laugh.
    Our 4 children grew up listening to him and we were so lucky that they didn’t change when teenagers and cross over to the heavy metal or rap.
    We never had a lot of money but always got by and one year our kids got Joe and I tickets for a BIlly Joel concert in San Diego for his birthday. He could have done without Elton! That his kids would spend money they really didn’t have, to do something so special for him, he smiled for days.
    Our oldest son Brian is by far the biggest fan, maybe even more so than his father. He has five children and each one of them was born to Billy singing in the background. I’ll never know how the hospital didn’t kick him out. His wife Cristina had no choice and also became a dedicated fan. She delivered each of those babies naturally and the smallest was over 9 lbs. Brian swore it was him singing along with Billy.
    So many stories about Billy Joel in our family’s life. Joe was a marine during the Vietnam error and so Billy’s song We Didn’t Start the Fire, was very very personal for him. Oh his other favorite drinking song Innocent Man.
    Sorry if I’ve gone on for too long but my son’s birthday is May 17th and Joe would turn 74 on May 20th. We are all going back to New York late July and will be bringing some of Joe’s ashes to be spread with our twin sons in the military cemetery on Long Island. Please I don’t mean to sound like a very sad person, I’m NOT. Joe and I had 50 fabulous years and I’ve often joked that it was Billy Joel’s song that saved our marriage.
    If there is ANYTHING, ANYWAY that he could do something personal for Brian, it would mean the world to him and to all of my children. Don’t tell Billy Joel, as much as I love his music, and think he’s the best and admire the genius of his songwriting, I’ve never been star struck but I do know my son Brian and for my other children it would be a life memory for them, and a way to feel close to their dad on the first birthday without him.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,

Elizabeth Wallace
    [email protected]
  • jdemiltajdemilta Posts: 1
    edited 05/07/21
    Last year I spent 800 dollars buying four tickets to your MSG show and I dragged three of my friends all the way to the city to have purchased four fake tickets.
    I spent the last 10 years in California and swore to myself the first thing I was going to do when I got home was the most NY thing possible and that would be see you at MSG.
    I am not looking for a hand out it’s just so hard to get tickets to your show could you possibly please help me get four tickets not at scalpers prices. I would really like to make it up to these guys it was a horrible experience.
    I really believed the person selling me the tickets his scam was perfect and scary at the same time.
    Your help would be appreciated tremendously.