Billy Joel online team

Dear Mr. Joel,

I’m writing to you today not as your biggest fan, nor as someone that has been a fan of your music for years, but as someone who’s who’s life has recently been influenced by your music.

My name is Neil Siegle, I live in Duluth Minnesota, I’m 37 years old and a divorced father of two of the sweetest boys ever.

I say I was recently influenced by your music because a fan of yours I fell in love with and met a year ago on April 12th 2020.

My story begins 18 years ago. I walked into our local grocery store and saw the most beautiful young woman I had ever laid eyes on. Her name is Kate Asperheim and is one of your biggest fans. She was 16 and I was 19.
When I saw her the first time I fell head over heels at that moment. I worked up the the courage to try and talk to her, but failing miserably, I tried a few other times and continued to fail. Eventually I met my ex wife but continued to have Kate pop back into my life several times through the years with her never realizing my existence. I always felt something about her though. It was never a definite feeling or a knowing of what the future had to hold, but just a gut feeling that there was something about her.

June of 2019 I finally left my abusive wife of 13 years. After taking time to heal i joined a dating app and there was Kate. My heart skipped a beat, “liked her”, and that was it. I had found my person. The story doesn’t end there though. Getting to know Kate I found that she is a very big fan of yours from her early childhood, Kate and her dad would listen to your music. Still into her adult years she continues listening to your music on a daily basis. I asked Kate to download some of her favorite songs to my Spotify account and thus began my love of your music. We’ve adopted a few songs into our relationship like “To make you feel my love” and “Scenes from and Italian restaurant”. Her favorite song is “Vienna”. Kate is best described as a mix between “She’s got a way about her” and “Stiletto”

I listen to your songs often and I’ve come to understand the feelings and emotions that you have behind the inspirational words in your songs. So in a fashion inspired by you, please allow me the opportunity to tell you about Kate Asperheim.

Kate “has a way about her”.
“I don’t know what it is,
But I know that I can't live without her”.

If you asked anyone about Kate, they would tell you “She's got a light around her,
And everywhere she goes
A million dreams of love surround her”.

She has the most amazing soul I’ve ever come across and she loves without judgment.

The class that she shows makes her a true “Up town girl”.

When the demons from my past marriage show, “she’s got a smile that heals me. She comes to me when I'm feelin' down
Inspires me without a sound
She touches me and I get turned around”.

I truly could “hold her for a million years to make her feel my love”.

So Mr. Joel I come to why I contact you. Kate is my best friend, my soulmate, and the love of my life. My intention is to ask her hand in marriage this fall. I’m currently working on a ring for her and documenting the construction of it with my sons in a movie for her. I know that it would mean the world to her for a few kind words from you in the video. I don’t ask you for anything but a few minutes of your time. I feel silly asking you for any time at all, but it’s the thought that counts doesn’t it? I feel that this is a grand gesture and hope to hear from you. I want to show Kate that “there’s nothing I wouldn’t do, to make her feel my love”. So again I ask for only minutes of your time. I thank you for the time you spent reading this and hope I’m lucky enough to hear back from you.

“She's got a way about her
I don't know what it is
But I know that I can't live without her”

Your fan,

Neil Siegle

[email protected]
218-591-5191
https://www.facebook.com/neil.siegle.52