The Alzheimer's Association Seeking Support

My name is Dr. Ed Scher and I am a long time fan of Billy Joel (going back to his days as a member of the Hassles). My roots are on Long Island (born and raised) and currently call Setauket my home town. My professional career spans over four decades and in addition to my career in health care, I serve as the Co-Chair of the Board of Directors of the Alzheimer's Association, Long Island Chapter. I'm reaching out for support in my efforts to communicate with Billy Joel regarding the Alzheimer's Association and all of the good work the organization does on behalf of those impacted by Alzheimer's Disease. The Association is the largest non-profit source of funding for Alzheimer's Disease research. The need for ongoing research is profound; Over 5.8 million individuals in the United States have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and there is no known cure for this horrible disease. My hope is that Billy Joel might consider supporting the Alzheimer’s Association in some way, perhaps lending name recognition to the organization’s work, including outstanding programs and services offered to Alzheimer’s patients and their caregivers living on Long Island or to join other celebrities who have been supportive of the Alzheimer’s Association as part of the Association’s Celebrity Awareness Program (I’ve recruited Pat Benetar and Neil Giraldo to help us out). I would greatly appreciate thoughts and suggestions.

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

Best,

Dr. Ed Scher, Board Co-Chair

Alzheimer's Association, Long Island Chapter

300 Walt Whitman Road

Melville, NY 11747

Chapter Phone: 631-629-6950

Cell Phone: 631-255-8688