Connection from beyond through your song

Dear Mr. Joel,

I am not sure if you will ever see this message, but I wanted to share a story with you.

In April of 2018 my dad of 74 years passed away due to complications from colitis. He took piano lessons as a kid, but as an adult only chose to play by ear. He had a love for music, a flair for poetry, and for entertaining people, very much like you. To give you an idea what he was like, I remember a time once where we were at a restaurant and he sat down at the baby grand piano and started playing whatever anyone requested. Everyone thought he worked there. : )

We also shared a love of sailing. He taught me everything he knew about boats and many great memories I have with him have been silently sailing on our catamaran in the late summer afternoons in Connecticut.

A few weeks after he passed away I was driving his truck to work. He wanted to give it to my son when he was old enough to drive.
I guess I needed to feel connected to him and turned on the CD player in his old Toyota pickup. When the music came on it was on a track from your album, "River of Dreams". I realized he was the last one to put this music in the CD player. The song that came on was "Lullabye".

I wanted to thank you indirectly for putting into words exactly what he would have said to me. I am still broken hearted, but this song helps me feel connected to him whenever I hear it. Actions may speak louder than words, but your words speak loudly and directly to people's hearts.

Kindest regards,

David's daughter, Wendy