Forever fan, new resident of Hicksville

aquazestyaquazesty Posts: 1
edited 06/04/19 in East coast
Hello all! My name is Shannon, I’m a 19 year old Audiology student and massive Billy Joel fan. I have had the privilege of seeing him in concert 3 times, but I am here to make a request on behalf of my 16 year old cousin, Kelsey. She was born and raised a Long Island girl, but had to move to Florida with her father in an effort to maintain a relationship with her alcoholic mother and stay afloat financially. In March 2018, her mother passed away from liver cirrhosis at 48 years old. Kelsey rebounded quickly and went back to her successful life as a student council leader, cheerleader, and softball player. Then, on March 22nd of this year, her devoted father who raised Kelsey as a single father, committed suicide. Kelsey has gone through so much in her life, and in the words of Billy, she “doesn’t take shit from anybody”. She now has to uproot from the life she built in Florida and is moving to Hicksville with her aunt. She has been so flexible her entire life, but she is struggling with the prospect of attending Hicksville High School as a junior this fall. The two things keeping her motivated are the fact that some of her cousins went there and Billy Joel went there. Kelsey’s future is filled with grief and heavy responsibility. It would be incredible for Kelsey to receive an encouraging message or acknowledgement from Billy as she navigates through the wonderful teenage years in Hicksville that Billy experienced, with an unfortunate weight on her shoulders. I understand that this is unlikely, but kind messages from fellow fans would be amazing, and it would be incredible if this post caught the attention of management. I appreciate your time and consideration. Kelsey would never ask for something like this for herself, but she is such an incredibly kind and strong soul.
“I shouldn't bitch, I shouldn't cry
I'd start a revolution but I don't have time
I don't know why I'm still a nice guy
But I'm getting close to the borderline.”
-Billy Joel, “Closer to the Borderline”

Comments