Dream come true

Hello!!
My name is Melissa Brunges. My husband Hayden was in a serious car accident on May 17th. He was life flighted to the nearest trauma center and we found out he sustained serious damage to his spinal cord along with fractures in his C1, C3, and T2-4 vertebrae along with many other injuries. The doctors told us that they were shocked he even survived. He was just transferred to a rehab facility in Philadelphia, PA. His spinal injury is classified as an ASIA 1. This basically means that he will never walk again. This man has been my rock and works so hard to provide a good life for us. I know the transition to life in a wheelchair will be difficult for him. He’s been wanting to see Billy Joel in concert forever. Hayden is a singer as well and Billy Joel is one of his all time favorite artists. His 40th birthday is September 2nd and he’s been asking for months to see Billy in concert for his big day. I would give him the world and this year I want to really make a dream of his come true. Is there anything you can do to make this birthday my husbands best yet? I know that he needs all the motivation he can get. Please help me make my husbands world a little brighter.

Comments

• alc202589alc202589 Posts: 1
    I have recently been diagnosed with stage 4 terminal breast cancer. I’m a 39 year old mom with 4 young kids. I’d give anything to come and soo you with a few good friend who love you and make memories I’m not sure how many years I have left to memories. my friend peggy had her wedding Song of yours and my friend christine has always been maybe(we still compete) as to who had a greater love of your music. If there is a way for us to come see your show we would be forever grateful. Me especially. I’m bit sure how many more of these events I’ll be healthy enough to commune to. Please consider. Thanks you.
  • tlewis0207tlewis0207 Posts: 3
    Good Day Mr. Joel,

I send this note with great happiness and sadness for my Sister and Niece. Please let me start with their unexpected loss today. Both received terrible news on a trip which was to be a celebration for my Niece this weekend. My niece is graduating high school on June 14th and has been accepted to Point Part in Pittsburgh for Animation and Visual Affects. Today both were unexpectedly called and told there 2 year old German Shepherd’s spline ruptured and cancer was found. They had to make the decision to put Luna down. My Sister has loved Billy as her favorite artist for over 35 years. She passed this love onto her daughter. My Niece has suffered bullying throughout all of school due due to being different than the cool kids. She is a child who has sexual and gender identity issues, please note, this is private and she is not completely out yet. She loves Billy and we will be at the show tonight at Madison Square Garden, June 2nd. While this is probably a far reach, meeting Mr. Joel or a call out to Sophie Mikolon and her Mom, Tricia, would mean the world to these lovely and wonder people. My name is Terri Lewis and my email is [email protected] and mobile is 941-504-3734. We are sitting in section/aisle 112, Row 14, Seats 12-13-14.

I understand there are may heartfelt notes to Mr.Joel on a regular basis but wanted to deal with my heartache and pain for them by writing. Writing is my therapy. This is how I deal with my feelings, wanting to make today a great day for them both.

God Bless Mr. Joel and whoever receives this note.

With my humblest affection,
    Terri Lewis