Happy 70th Birthday, Billy!

My love of Billy Joel started about 1978 when I was in 5th grade. My mother, a singer/songwriter/pianist heard some amazing piano playing on the radio on Long Island which turned out to be Root Beer Rag and called the radio station to find out who this talented person was. She instantly became a fan, introduced me to his music and I was hooked. I spent countless hours in my room playing his records over and over and memorizing the lyrics to each and every song. I remember singing James while my mother played piano. My sister and I read a biography about Billy and, among other things, learned the names of Billy’s parents. Later, when we heard Streetlife Serenader, when Billy sang “child of Eisenhower”, my sister thought he was saying “Child of Ros and Howard”. It was so funny when we found out the real lyrics! I always wanted to tell Billy Joel that story. I thought he’d get a kick out of it.
Anyway, I hope you have an amazing birthday today, Billy! Thank you for being such a big part of my life! I love you!