The NEXT Billy Joel Album- A challenge to Billy

Billy could and should do another album.  Tom Petty just debuted at #1  Congrats to him, he's old school, so is Billy.  We need guys like Petty and Joel to show these punks like Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber and One Direction what real music is.  Remember the Monkey's?  they were #1 when the Beatles showed them how to do it With Sargent Pepper.  Even Davy Jones said "Holy shit that's how its done"   Petty is doing that NOW!  Billy please get your ass in the studio or maybe do a live album with some collaborations or covers.   Songs in the attic 2?  Get Rod to cover LosAnglenos, Another duet with Cindi Lauper?  A duet with Alexa? take an idea from Petty to guarantee a #1 Debut ..."Possibly aiding the sales of “Hypnotic Eye” is a buy-in plan that Petty packaged with ticket sales to his upcoming arena tour. At the point of purchase, fans had the chance to pre-order the album for an additional cost. Billboard said that “albums redeemed” counted towards the sales number."   Are you kidding me?, imagine a pre-sale for a NEW BILLY JOEL ALBUM! it would be an automatic Gold record probably Platinum.  Billy could record "don't take any shit from anyone"  and  I'd buy it.    C'mon Billy this is your SARGENT PEPPER moment,  hell if you do it right it could be bigger and better than THRILLER.  You got the star power to make it happen, people will work with you, get to work,  George Carlin was genius all the way til the end, no reason for you to not be that same tough New Yorker that we know and love.      p.s. if you need any ideas, engineering, CAD work or a live tour photographer - I'm good and work cheap.

Comments

• SpitzFritzSpitzFritz Posts: 95
    edited 08/08/14
    Wonderful ideas, but it ain't gonna happen.
    And it's sergeant, not sargent.
  • Kevin MockerKevin Mocker Posts: 23
    edited 08/12/14
    yeah you said that about  Boston state of mind at Fenway park, pardon me on the spelling.
    Getting in touch with the right people for a live show is a whole different situation compared to him writing a new album.
    It's been over twenty years, he's very content not writing, and he's still making money.
    It's not going to happen.
  • sing2mesing2me Posts: 3
    we can hope... crossing fingers!
  • yrose67yrose67 Posts: 1
    Let Billy spend a week with me...not only will he will gain his inspiration back but he will write the next 10 best historic Billy hits  :-) 
  • Not writing? I've heard he has been writing just not recording,  Yet.  except with Babs.  SpitzFritz are you connected to the man or just a big fan guessing?  I have done a lot of guessing but there are rumors of Big NEW stuff.
  • dcook872dcook872 Posts: 1
    Just an idea...with the crazy world we live in now, can you write an updated version of We Didn't Start the Fire?
  • Totally agree with Mocha, this is the time to remember, cause it will not last forever.....Do an album Billy, and you can assure your posterity will be rich for centuries to come....Maybe collaborate with somebody else, so you don't have to do all the work, anybody except Elton please, let's keep it strictly born in the USA!!!
  • mylifemylife Posts: 3
    As much as I would love for Billy to do a brand new album, HE just doesn't want to do it.
    He has said that he feels he has said everything he wants to with worded music.
    If this is how he feels, then NOTHING is going to change his mind.
    We have to hold onto his 20+ years worth of worded music for dear life...because the current generation of musicians is a huge joke.
    When Billy, Bruce, and the other 60ish legends pass away, the music will have truly died.
    There will not be a new album of original material. Period.
  • Hey Majic Mocha, I know. This post is from flu months ago, but just so you know, The Monkeys is spelled Monkees.
  • sorry I can't type.
  • Hey beckleberry77 no prob I cant type either.  What is flu? ;)
  • I meant to say a few months ago.
  • ghteacherghteacher Posts: 2
    I thought the tributes at the Gershwin awards (other artists playing his music) was going to be made into an album
  • I would love to see him do a standards or jazz album. He could certainly pull it off, but he has to WANT to get back in and record. At the moment, I'm sure he is pretty content to spoil his beautiful new daughter.
  • When, where..dear you are amazing and I'm looking for you in Italy as soon as possible!
  • josephpumajosephpuma Posts: 3
    We all know Billy has another great rock/pop album in him,it's just up to if the muse and the mood ever strikes him again.There was a time not so long ago that he had many of us believing that he was done touring,so who knows? As with any other musical genius (think John Lennon around late'79, early 1980),the timing has to be right,the songs and their inspiration have to come out of somewhere,(sometimes nowhere,like thin air, after a lot of hard work to pin them down)and the writing bug has to bite once more.Of course we could all use Billy's social commentary and humor now (would love to hear him elaborate on his opinion of Donald Trump in song),as well as those fantastic melodies and vocals that no one else could quite match,but it's up to him and if he's happy not doing it,he's earned that right and I am happy for him. Hypocrite that I am however,I am keeping my fingers crossed that Billy decides one day to take the studio plunge once again.Only good things will happen if he should make that notion a reality.