Request?

Does Billy Joel do private functions? I would love it if he could play Piano Man at my wedding for my future wife.

Comments

• khell524khell524 Posts: 3
    I am sure for at least a million dollars he would do it
  • interesting idea, but i'd like to see a Billy Joel Cruise,  a week at sea  with a meet and greet and 1 concert just 1,  Billy doesn't even need to be there except for a day,  he could arrive by helicopter and sign his new album and then perform for an hour or so and fans would pay thousands for a ticket.  I don't think it will happen but "everybody has a dream"
  • SpitzFritzSpitzFritz Posts: 95
    He has done private shows in the past but that was for a large sum and for large corporations. He's not a lounge singer, so no, he won't show up at your wedding and sing a song. Get real.
    Nor is he hopping on a boat and doing a cruise. Seriously, people.
  • Hey Billy, can you put your music on a Dance Dance  Revolution game for the wii
  • Is anyone else besides my brother scared that Barak Obama is the antichrist? He scares the crap out of me telling me that.
  • Laura LynnLaura Lynn Posts: 2
    I am finally coming to see you on 1/9/15 on my birthday can you give me a shout out. I have seen you in Sea Cliff and was going to say hello but you were busy I will be 55 also retired from NYPD.it has been a rough year between losing my mom having a major cancer operation and then losing 2 blue brothers. My boyfriend bought us the tickets but I don't know where I will be sitting. My email address is [email protected]
  • PrussianPrussian Posts: 4
    edited 01/10/15
    I am new to Billy Joel and am just discovering his huge catalog of phenomenal music....unbelievable! Recently, I heard a song on the radio that sounded like Billy Joel but I am not 100% certain it was him. I need help from someone here to identify the song and confirm whether its Billy or not. It's a slow tempo composition, even slower than his song "Honesty." It's written about a man who is in very deep pain over a pending or past breakup with his wife/girlfriend. The vocal is very prominent with just some light piano and possibly strings in the background. It is definitely a love ballad with slower pacing. Some of the lyrics include lines such as "....what would you do..." and "...I've spent 20 years of my life..."and  "....in this moment...." He sings about all the time and emotion he has had invested in her over the years, and cannot believe it is all coming to an end. He sings about how he thought he did all the right things, how much he tried to show how much he loved her, but alas, she apparently wants to move on.

The version I heard "might" have been a live one; possible some audience sound at the end, but again not certain. The song ends with a very dramatic note and a line like "....when will I hold you again...." and then crashes into a "Grand Finale" complete with horns. It is sung with a huge emotional vocal range. For anyone who has had a breakup, the song might bring tears to their eyes it is so powerful. Again, it "sounded" like Billy but I cannot be certain. If it is not by Billy Joel, I would be surprised since it sounds very much like something he would compose and the vocals sound like him. Can anyone take a stab and help me out? Thanks in advance!  --Pru.
    One more lyric line that I remembered from the song I am looking for is "....you don't love me no more...."      Another clue! Tx., P.
  • @PrussianI think you are referring to the "Billy Vera and the Beaters" song "At this Moment." It first became popular in the 1980's when it was played on the TV show "Family Ties." Michael J. Fox danced to it with his future wife Tracy Pollen.   
    I am new to Billy Joel and am just discovering his huge catalog of phenomenal music....unbelievable! Recently, I heard a song on the radio that sounded like Billy Joel but I am not 100% certain it was him. I need help from someone here to identify the song and confirm whether its Billy or not. It's a slower piece, written about a man who is in very deep pain over a pending or past breakup with his wife/girlfriend. It is definitely a love ballad with slower pacing. Some of the lyrics include lines such as "....what would you do..." and "...I've spent 20 years of my life..."and  "....in this moment...." It is possible the version I heard was a live one; possible some audience sound at the end, but again not certain.

The song ends with a very dramatic note and a line like "....when will I hold you again...." and then crashes into a "Grand Finale" with horns. It is sung with a huge emotional vocal range. For anyone who has had a breakup, the song might bring tears to their eyes it is so powerful. Again, it "sounded" like Billy but I cannot be certain. Can anyone take a stab and help me out? Thanks in advance!  --Pru.
    headphonegirl, that's it !!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now I can sleep tonight...
    ;-)

That was bugging me so much! OK, so it isn't Bill Joel, but his voice is similar, isn't it? Very emotional and expressive vocal. Anyway, it's such a HUGE emotional tune that I think it one of the greatest love ballads of all time.

Pr....