Ruined night at Citizen's Bank Park- Can anyone help?

PUNISHED FOR SAVING A MAN'S LIFE BY CITIZEN'S BANK PARK

On Saturday, August 2, 2014 my family and I attended the Billy Joel concert at Citizens Bank Park. We were all very excited to celebrate my mom's birthday with our favorite entertainer! However, our experience quickly turned sour when a fight broke out in the Hall of Fame Club. An older man was punched and fell to the ground hitting his head on the cement and bleeding profusely. My brother, Matthew, a registered nurse, quickly jumped in to help the man. After assessing the situation and seeing the blood and vomit he responded to the man's needs. For about 5 minutes, my brother and another concert goer were the only ones to help the unconscious man. Finally, the staff at Citizen's Bank Park and medical team took matters into their own hands. My brothers arms and hands were covered in blood but none of the staff seemed to care or ask how they could assist my brother. As my brother was walking to the bathroom with my mother to wash off his arms and to check for any cuts or scrapes, a Phillies staff member had the audacity to yell at my mother for entering the men's bathroom to ensure her son's safety. Meanwhile, the man that threw the punch was well on his way, running down the Hall of Fame Club while staff members just watched. My dad, ran after the man yelling, "Stop that guy!" However, Phillies staff members did nothing to try to apprehend the man. Needless to say, the man got away. Fearing for our safety and visibly upset because of the incident and seeing the blood stained cement, I asked to talk to a staff member to get a refund of our tickets because of the horrible experience. One staff member said, "You can leave whenever you want." I informed her that we could not leave because my brother had to follow up with the incident that had just taken place and go to the First Aid center. I expressed my concern for my brother who had just almost saved a man's life and her response was, "No one told your brother to get involved!" I was so taken aback by this comment and disgusted by the way the staff had treated my family and I. Suddenly, we were being punished for helping a man and also being treated so disrespectfully. As a result of my brother helping, we missed more than half of the concert and were verbally abused by Phillies staff members. As a precautionary measure, my brother did go to Jefferson Hospital for an HIV and Hepitatus test. Now, my brother has to pay for the medical bills for helping a man in need. 
I have called Citizen's Bank Park to inquire about a refund and the response that I got was to call Ticketmaster because the concert ticket sales go through them. Of course, Ticketmaster was no help because we didn't purchase insurance on the tickets. My dad has been a season ticket holder for ten years and we have never been treated so disrespectfully by the Phillies organization. Essentially, my family and I are being punished for helping a man in need. The man that was hurt is currently in the ICU at Jefferson Hospital and has bleeding on his brain. We are so disappointed in the lack of staff to diffuse the situation and the lack of urgency on the part of the Phillies staff. 

Comments

• bulldogg75bulldogg75 Posts: 4
    i would go to guest services and ask to speak to someone at the top about this incident. you keep going to them everytime until they give you a number. they should be responsible for way ushers act.
  • SpitzFritzSpitzFritz Posts: 95
    Guest services is your best bet when dealing directly with the venue, since they can back you up as far as the incident. However, Ticketmaster is the seller so they have the final say in all of this. Very few venues control their own ticketing anymore. Honestly, it's probably not going to work out for you, but it is worth a shot.
  • Thanks for the advice but nothing seemed to work out. Spoke with guest services numerous times and all they could offer was Phillies tickets for a game. I'm not interested in a Phillies game since I was there to see Billy Joel. Ticketmaster was no help either! Just a bad situation!