RIP Rosalind Joel

Billy's mother passed away yesterday at age 88.

Comments

• AaaaaargeAaaaaarge Posts: 1
    I just wanted to extend my heartfelt condolences to Billy and his family on the loss of his mother. No matter how long you live, you're never really ready to say good-bye. May the life and the memories they created together bring them comfort. May Mrs. Joel rest in peace.
  • sfirealtysfirealty Posts: 1
    Billy..lost my mon 2 years ago.
    Body will be gone ...but she is with you.
    [email protected]
  • Sorry for your loss Mr. Joel.
    Mothers are the best thing that happens to little boys.
    May God rest her soul and she RIP.
  • mkrmkr Posts: 1
    When she smiles she gives everything to me
    When she's all alone she cries
    And I'd do anything to take away her tears
    Because they're Rosalinda's eyesGod shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. Revelations 21 Verse 4 May God Keep Your Mother in His tender care today and always. May God give Mr. Joel and his children peace and strength.
  • claudiagclaudiag Posts: 1
    Godspeed, Mrs. Joel.  I lost my father a few months ago (he was about to go into hospice) but died before I got to say goodbye, so I hope Billy and his family at least got that chance.  My deepest, deepest sympathies.  We, as fans, all owe a lot to this wonderful woman who singlehandedly made Billy the special man and musician he is today.  I played Rosalinda's Eyes again and again for her when I heard - it's the only way the little shiksa, by herself, could think to say kaddish for her.
  • mikecle65mikecle65 Posts: 1
    Sorry about your loss. We only get one mother and its never a good time to say good bye. I'm sure she will be watching over her family from above and is smiling and very proud of everyone. May God give you and your family strength as you go through this!
  • Kap'n ChizKap'n Chiz Posts: 1
    Mr. Piano Man,  My condolences.  With long life comes great love.  You were lucky for her's.
    Keith CieslinskiMandeville, LA
  • Longtime FanLongtime Fan Posts: 1
    edited 07/17/14
    Billy,

Please accept my heartfelt condolences.  I lost my mother 7 years ago and think of her daily.  Your mom will watch over you for the rest of your life.  Peace.
  • tinat777tinat777 Posts: 1
    Billy, My husband Dave and I send to you our Loving and Peaceful Blessings. We pray that you and your loved ones have peace, knowing that your mom is now with GOD, and that one day you will be with her there, and it will be glorious!  On a different note }...we just saw you in Pittsburgh a few months back and you, your band, the show, lighting, tech's, etc. were fantastic...we will see you again wherever you are as soon as we can:0)  Love and Peace to you and yours, Tina and Dave Treece
  • A JA J Posts: 1
    Dear Billy and Alexa and family,
    We extend to your our heartfelt condolences on the passing of your Mom/Grandmom..  She will be at rest now in the hands the Almighty One.I am sure she was very proud to see the accomplishments of both of you.  She was truly Blessed to have such a talented son and granddaughter,.Our thoughts are with you.  We are so happy to see you  performing so frequently again and on both TV and Radio,God be with you..Your North Shore neighbor from Glen Cove,bluginger [email protected]