It is just us...

You know if I was rude it was not intentional - not to say that what I felt wasn't true but I could have said it better. I keep hoping that others will join in. Can't believe its just the few of us posting all the time. You know when I first joined this site I was put off by the arguments that seeped over from other sites and included players that I knew nothing about. However, I finally decided that the argument had nothing to do with me or my love of BJ music. Here we have an opportunity to come together - all of us being different ages, different incomes, different races, different jobs - yet we all feel kinship with each other because of music. I work as a teacher which can be an extremely stressful job dealing with parents, kids, adminstrators and those things I mentioned earlier about poverty and bad schools was part of the frustration that I feel with the world in general. So far this has been a place I can come to relax and enjoy the one or two people who love the music as I do. I have never chatted on the internet before now. I've never posted blogs, reviews, or other information about myself but somehow I feel a connection to those others of you that are out there listening to the NC today or those few who love CSH lor Turnstiles ike I do. Those that have been to the concerts and have enjoyed the live music that is even better than the produced stuff. I don't really have the time to be here but for some reason I am continually drawn to check and see if anything new is posted on the forum or if there are any new messages. Am I boring? Probably but then aren't we all to a certain extent? 95 fans online right now - are you boring? Maybe but probably like me you have a job (hopefully like me it is one that you love most days), a husband and kids, and a million chores that need to be done but you just check in to see if there are any new tour dates posted. Or crazy hope that you have maybe we'll hear an announcement that a new album is forthcoming. The internet affords us an opportunity to converse with people around the world and we can find those that share our interests. how great is that?? My classes are steeped in the darkness of the middle ages right now and when you view the present in light of the past - well it is great that we can be such a big world but can feel awfully close to people thousands of miles away from us. Sorry for the long speech but I really hate when people hide behind internet anonymity and feel free to rant about others or ideas without fknowing the repercussions of their words. For any words that may have offended or been harsh I do sincerely apologize - especially you Albie as you are one of the few that fully participates and have been a great ally in the forum. Anyhoo - have a good evening and I promise to be on my best behavior from now on!