London Calling

amandalazenbyamandalazenby Posts: 53
edited 05/25/10 in Off Topic
Hi,
I have just re joined this site having registered a long time back - ooo it's gone all hi tech. Anyway, I am obviously a MAJOR Billy fan - originating from 1984 when I first saw a telivised concert from Wembley which blew me away. I was gone, hook line and sinker. So, BJ has provided the soundtrack to many parts of my life and I have huge respect and admiration for him as an artist and just a multi interesting guy. The Motorcycing link is also a factor - my Dad was a professional motorcyclist and I grew up around music and bikes. I did a year as an au pair in new jersey when i was 19 and this co-incided wth The Bridge Tour - I spent a good deal of my wages on tickets that year! My ' nearly' moment came when I was approached to become nanny for Alexa Ray but was out of the running early on as only had a student visa ( gutted, as we say ). I did meet Billy back stage at Wembley during the Storm Front tour and was he was really funny, and as I'd hoped he'd be.
Anyhow, I'm glad to have found this site again and can't wat for the release of the Shea DVD - MAN how I wish I was there.
I hope the UK is in Billy's plans again soon as last time he was here I was 2 weeks away from having twins and couldn't make the show ( gutted again! ). He is always welcome to these shores, it's about time he came to see us again soon.
Cheers All
Amanda Lazenby ( ex Smith )
xxx

Comments

• CristianoCristiano Posts: 3
    edited 11/30/99
    Anyhow, I'm glad to have found this site again and can't wat for the release of the Shea DVD - MAN how I wish I was there.
    I hope the UK is in Billy's plans again soon as last time he was here I was 2 weeks away from having twins and couldn't make the show tekne turu ( gutted again! ). He is always welcome to these shores, it's about time he came to see us again soon.

• rootbeerrootbeer Posts: 41
    I was at Wembley in 1984 on the night it was televised. I also had a premitive Hitachi video recorder. On one night BBC 1 had the first half live and the following night had a recording of the second half. The recording is still in the attic . Why do they never repeat it? The BBC now have 7 television channels.
  • Hi Rootbeer,
    Yeah I still have I think 2 VHS copies of the BBC recordings of that show - they did repeat it a few years later but not again sadly. I played the videos so much that they wore out in a couple of spots - had to retire them before the tape snapped!
    I think I once contacted the bbc to ask for a copy - don't think I got an answer - we must put it back on our to do list...
    Amanda
  • joolsmithjoolsmith Posts: 823
    Amanda
    It is great to have you back.
    I've missed you

--
    Jools

"It's about joy that comes out of sorrow"
  • sunrisesunrise Posts: 120

--

nike shoes discount
  • Just to say Happy St George's Day!!!

We English are a little reticent about this day, but not me. I am married to a Scotsman and I know all his countrymen really celebrate St Andrews day, and we all know about the Irish and St Patricks day ( Welsh St David's etc etc ). My St George's flag is on the car and I'm ' giving it large' as we say here...!

I have just looked at the site for the first time in ages - all changed again - is it for the better? Hi to all the members who date back from a couple of years ago - especially Jools.

Shea DVD out soon over here I hope....
    WHEN is Billy coming back to the UK?? Still the ever burning question....

Anyway, best be off to slay a dragon or something...:-)

Amanda
    xxx
  • rootbeerrootbeer Posts: 41
    I would not say the English are reticent about patriotism. Here in Bristol the flags of St George are out and it is still more than two weeks before we play the USA in the World Cup. As I remember the last time Billy came to England the World Cup was on and I had to make a choice of seeing him at the NEC or watching England play (at exactly the same time as the concert). Billy won. (The USA incidentally will not.). Amanda I expect your husband will be supporting the USA on the basis that the Scots support anyone who is playing against England.