Have time to encourage veterans healing from PTSD before this Saturday's show?

My husband has been a lifelong fan of Mr. Joel's and this weekend we're celebrating how far he's come since he returned from Iraq in 2005 and medically retired by attending the show in Winston-Salem. We can't wait!

Four years ago he couldn't go to the grocery store without a panic attack because his PTSD was so bad. Today, he's pushed through so much physical, mental and spiritual healing that he can go to concerts and crowded events again – it's truly incredible how hard he's worked despite his injuries. Now he no longer has PTSD and is able to spend his time encouraging other veterans to do everything they can to keep fighting and get the healing they need after war.

We started making encouraging, practical videos sharing everything we've learned along the way. Check out newrosie.com to see the videos we've shared so far. The first video on the page shares a bit more about our story.

I'd love to surprise my husband with a quick meeting with Mr. Joel before the concert on Saturday if he has time! It would be amazing to share with our community the incredible things that can happen if you keep going and keep fighting. I'd love to make a video about it and share it on our site and social networks. More importantly I'd love to see the look on my husband's face with such a surprise :)

Thank you for all you already do for veterans. We wouldn't be alive today if it weren't for people like you who do what they can to help veterans and their families truly come home after war. Thank you!

-Sarah

Comments

• Dear Billy Joel team:

I hope that you are all doing very well. I wanted to get the message to Billy that his music has inspired me in so many ways. I have enjoyed his music all my life, mostly due to my father. Which is the reason I am emailing.

We are going for my birthday on October 27 (my actual birthday is Oct 28). Knowing what the song Goodnight Saigon means to my father who is a Vietnam Veteran...my hero. This concert is going to mean so much to us, simply because I have been meaning to go see you for a very long time. If you can play that song for me, it would make my 37th birthday so special, knowing what it will mean to my father.

I have just recently lost someone very close to me, which made me think of my aging father. I try to spend as much time as I can, so that I do not have the regrets I have for my uncle who recently let us.

If you are still reading this, I would ask that you consider playing “Goodnight Saigon” at your concert on October 27, 2018 @ 8:00pm.

Thanks for your ear, see you at the Garden sir!

Kindest Regards,
    Kevin Smith

PS: I would love to sit down with the piano man if he ever wants to simply chill. Just to be in his presence. Hey you gotta try don’t you. Thanks to whoever is still reading.