We didn't start the fire

I love this song. I love history too and would love to see this song remade to more current decades.

Millennials, Columbine, 9/11, Iraq, Iran, nuclear weapons in n Korea, Sadam Hussein, Castro, Eyjafjallajökull eruption, Philippians flooded, Cancer, Barak Obama, Trump, Tohoku Tsunami, Fukushima Daiichi, Mother Theresa a saint, ISIS, US in Afghanistan, Reganomics, recession, market crash, Syria, Hurricane Katrina, Mt St Helens eruption, Human Rights, War on terror, war for oil, Boko Haram, Chibok Girls, Brexit, Guns in schools, Osama Bin Ladden, LGBT equality and marriage, Women in combat, Duke of Cambridge, Internet, Iphone, Android, Clinton, Solar power, wind turbines, Genocide in Darfur, Dali lama, Autonomous cars, Avengers, Taiwan Independence, Wonder Woman, Wolverine, Gladiator, Avatar, Lord of the Rings, Edward Snowden

Ok so I can go on and on. My point is music makes an impact and awakens the mind. We didn't start the fire is still going on...

Would love to see it updated. Just an idea, I'm sure its been said before.

Julie

Comments

• I have thought of lyrics for the years 1964-68 as follows (also have for 69-75):

Tanzania, Cassius Clay, Luther Terry, LBJ,
    Poitier, Mandela, I Want to Hold Your Hand

Birth Control, Ho Chi Minh, Escalation, Sorensen,
    Sound of Music, Bloody Sunday, Indo-Pakistan

Star Trek and Brady, Walt Disney and Gandhi,
    Texas Western, Acid Test, Julian Bond

Sergeant Pepper, Papandreou, Human Be-In, Super Bowl,
    Jimmy Hoffa, Six Day War, Ali says NO

My Lai, Hair, Polanski, Carlos, Smith and Heidi,
    King and Bobby dead and gone, the Riots in Chicago