A Wish

Barbara SabellaBarbara Sabella Posts: 4
edited 01/24/17 in Tour talk
I imagine that if I were Billy Joel I would have better things to do than read this discussion board - but here goes because following Alexa's beautiful words and thoughts on Instagram has made me a bit of a dreamer.

I know you hear it all the time, Billy - but your music makes my day far more beautiful than most things can make it. I'm not an expert at much but I do know that the facts show that listening to your music fills me with joy even in the sad moments. Even when I remember my Dad's love when I hear "Lullaby (Goodnight My Angel)". Even though I miss my home and life on Long Island regardless of the song that is playing. Because on the flip side...your music makes me happy because it reminds me of home. Your music brings me closer to my father who I miss so much. Your music lifts me up - it helps me deal with depression, it helps me get out of depression if even for a few days of weeks until it hits hard again, it helps me dance all over the house when I'm feeling "normal" happy or completely manically happy because I needed a bottle of wine to get through the work day - haha. Overall, your work brings me to a better place - and I thank you for that. Really, thank you. I hate most things, but I sure have loved your music for most of my life.

Although I mean that thanks - of course this has a selfish point too. I've been wanting to see your concert in Orlando so badly. I work two jobs and also go to school full-time. As you might imagine, it was a bit difficult to remember on time that I had to rush to a computer and get tickets. By the time tickets were gone they were (and still are) being sold at a completely unreasonable price. This isn't your fault. People suck. But I guess this is me dreaming and hoping that by some chance you will see this and say "Well come on down to the concert - here's two tickets!" because anything can happen, right? Nose bleed seats are perfect by the way. I just need to be able to hear and you can do that from anywhere :)

P.S. I'm sorry that my crappy wifi posted this twice. I can't figure out how to delete the other post :(

Comments