We didn't start the fire!

I have loved this song the moment I heard it for the first time. I don't think it gets the attention and respect it deserves in both the music industry or the historical content of the song, even if I first heard the song in my American History class in school. I was thinking recently that it would be very awesome if Billy Joel added more verses/lyrics to the song to bring it up to date with events/people that occured after the song was written much like Garth Brooks did with "Friends in Low Places."

A few examples I thought of are 9-11, North Korea (Kim Jong Un), New Orleans and Baton Rouge floods, this years presidential election and protests, The war against terror (a lot falls under that category). There are many more great sources that would fit the theme of this great song.

This was the only way I could think to get someone my idea, and I appreciate you taking the time to read my request. I just hope that my idea is presented to Billy Joel so that he would have a chance to consider the idea (if not already thought of). Thanks again.

A fan

Asa Blanchard