MESSAGE FOR: Billy Joel/Fan Mail

EveningStar76EveningStar76 Posts: 3
edited 09/17/14 in Off Topic
Besides a few mailing addresses I found which may or may not be up to date, let Me just leave this up here for Him if He reads these-

left it in comments section too.   Love the site.

9-17-14

Dear Mr. Billy Joel:

I just wanted to say this to Billy Joel as a fan for over 10 years- which includes extensive collecting during that time- even though I've known and liked you My whole life.  I hope you read this.

I think I speak for myself and others in this comment:

There is nothing for me to gain in anyway by saying that I think your music speaks to everything and everybody in the universe.  I don't believe their is a creature or thing created that cannot hear a Billy Joel song and have it move them and relate- and make a lasting impact and impression.  There is an advanced intelligence to you and your music- it transends and surpasses time, space, understanding in all realms.  It's not just joy you bring- it's wisdom.  It brings healing.  It tapes into realms unknown.  It ignights The Divine Spark of Creation within Us that enables and encourages wisdom, strength, Creativity, Endurance, and Foreverness.  You are one of The Chosen Ones whether you believe it or not.  The Principalities looked at you in marvel and envy when you were created and The Universe smiled with the loveliness it knew it created that was beautiful in every way, sensitive, intelligent, creative.  

A lot of people admire you- but You've tapped into some souls- mine as one- and how you did it I will never understand, but it's like you said: "There are spiritual realms that are not understood- but music tapes into them".  You are also very smart as philosopher.   You are for sure- someone that will be loved come rain or shine.

-Andrea 

Comments

• There is nothing for me to gain in anyway by saying that I think your
    music speaks to everything and everybody in the universe.  I don't
    believe there is a creature or thing created that cannot hear a Billy
    Joel song and have it NOT move them and relate- and make a lasting impact
    and impression - (IS WHAT I MEANT)..... Sorry!
  • I would love to know why this typed and spelled fine in comments and not so well here in thread.  Did best I could.  
  • mattbanxmattbanx Posts: 1
    Just signed up.
    I live in Duluth, Minnesota and would love Billy Joel to do a show here.
    My best friend as well as others would love to see him and even pay more then we normally would.
  • gmeiselesgmeiseles Posts: 2
    It
    has taken me a long time to finally sit down and join this list just so I could
    write this note and share it with other fans, and hopefully somehow, with Billy
    Joel himself. Our
    house caught on fire on February 5, 2014 trapping my wife.  Through the bravery of neighbors, passers-by,
    construction workers and of course first responders, she was miraculously
    pulled from the house and survived with burns and very serious lung damage due
    to smoke inhalation.  She was airlifted
    from our home in Kentucky to the Vanderbilt University Burn Center in Nashville,
    Tennessee where she received outstanding care and has essentially recovered. OK
    – “how does this relate to Billy Joel?” I hear you ask.  Well, after a few days of her being in and
    out of consciousness and unable to speak due to the ventilator tube in her
    throat, she looked at me and starting to really grasp what had happened, with tears
    in her eyes she wrote on her pad “I have no home.”  No, that’s not true I told her, and reminded
    her that “wherever we’re together, that’s my home.”  I then put a poster together (with proper
    credit of course to the songwriter) that hung on the bulletin board in her room
    with the lyrics:  “As long as I have you
    by my side, there’s a roof above and good walls all around.   You’re my castle, you’re my cabin and my
    instant pleasure dome.  I need you in my
    house ‘cause you’re my home.” 

So,
    our house is being re-built but our “home” has remained intact the whole
    time.  If there was a way to post the
    photo of the poster I would love to do so, but I wanted to at least share this
    with fellow fans and hopefully, as I said at the top, get some word to Billy Joel
    so he will know how special and meaningful his lyrics are and remain to us.
  • gmeiselesgmeiseles Posts: 2
    Well, that posting's format somehow got messed up but I hope it is not too hard to follow.
  • patandpaulpatandpaul Posts: 2
    That was awesome!  God bless you, your wife and family - Merry Christmas 2014!!Pat and Paul
  • dlpashdlpash Posts: 1
    Dear Mr. Joel, I hope you actually get to see this.  I am a HUGE fan but unfortunately I cannot make your show that is only 90 minutes away on Dec 5, 2014 in PA.  I own a restaurant and have to work the Friday night.  I am extremely disappointed since you and Bon Jovi are the only two artists on my bucket list and I saw them last year at that same venue (my alma mater, ugh). Anyway, enough about that.  I am writing this in the theme of 'it doesn't hurt to ask/you don't know til you try'.  I am sure you get millions of requests in a zillion forms but again, I didn't think it would hurt to ask if at that show....Dec 5, Bryce Jordan Center at PSU, you could give a 'Happy Birthday' shout out to my son Yanni (Johnny but with a Y) who is also a HUGE fan, bigger than he should be at the age of 19, 20 the next day.  He will be at the show and I know it would make his life if you could say Happy Birthday.  Again, I don't even know if you'll see this and I'm sure you're constantly inundated with requests and you're busy....but hey, ya gotta try.  Thank you in advance....for reading this....for maybe doing it.....and for entertaining my son.  God Bless, Dana P.
  • Laura LynnLaura Lynn Posts: 2
    edited 01/06/15
    Hi

My name is Laura I have seen you around in Sea cliff but to shy to say hello. I am finally going to see you Friday for my 55 birthday. If you can give me a shout it would make my day. I have been wanting to see you since you started playing at MSG. Due to my mom passing and major cancer operation I couldn't till now. My boyfriend bought us tickets to see you on 1/9/15
  • openhabitopenhabit Posts: 1
    I have been a fan since day 1. I must say that, as a Vietnam Vet, my favorite is "Good Night Saigon." I remember hearing the crickets at night. We were in the flight path of the Hueys, slicks, gunships and medivacs, as they came in heavy. The first time I heard the song, it brought back a lot of memories. It didn't take long to learn whether they were coming in heavy (with a lot of cargo to include supplies, troops, or wounded) or light. Since my unit was a support unit, we never knew why they were heavy or light, but the pop of the rotors told the story. Thank you for writing this song, and including my brothers in the refrain. It really means a lot. This is just one of the reasons I love "The Piano Man," your music is you, and you know you.
  • Dear Billy Joel, I am not a fan of yours as a matter of fact I'm not a fan on anyone's list. Sure I like your music and was introduced to it by my sister. There were so many bands back in the late 60's and early 70's that I really didn't understand at the time. I was a teenager back than and really didn't understand myself. Sure I went to concerts with friends and tried to enjoy myself with others which I did but was considered more of a loner and that was my choice. I didn't really understand the piano man or the stranger and I was into the wrong things growing up from my high school days. Sure I paid attention to some of your songs but I had to find myself first to appreciate your music more. I guess we all go thru that phase. I am pushing 61 today and work with winery's in my state and am still learning about people and myself. Since I am doing wine events and things of that nature they would love your type of music. I might be putting myself down but I actually loved your music once I got the messages and meanings about life in general and enjoy your music all the more than some of the bands I use to listen to back in my earlier days. I know you've had your ups and down's the same as some of us but its still rock and roll to  me. I would love for you to do one of your short concerts at one of the winery's here in Virginia  as there are two songs I reflect on the most, well three..... the piano man, the stranger and It's a matter of trust. I enjoyed you with Christy Brinkley but things change as life goes by but your songs bring back memories, just like the memories of the 20's 30's,40's for some. In all honesty I'm glad to know that your music is still alive and that your enjoying what your doing, I think that's the main thing I wanted to emphasis but your still rock and charismatic roll to me with a flair of enlightenment to all.
  • Mr Joel,
    My daughter is attending your concert tonight with her dad in Chicago. This is VERY short notice, but I thought you would like to hear her story. In January, she got a concussion during a cheerleading accident. Her grades suffered greatly as she was not allowed to do much reading for a month as her brain healed. She is normally an A student, but now she had an F and some D's. To motivate her, my husband bought the tickets to your Chicago concert and told her if she got her grades up to all A's or B's she could go. Of course, she did and she was so happy. Her story does not end there. She gave up her sixteenth birthday party at the beginning of July to attend an all girls weekend for my family, which turned out to be our final weekend to see my sister (her aunt). On that weekend we gave her a car (used of course) and she loved it! The weekend turned into an emotional one as my sister was told by her physicians to put her affairs in order after battling breast cancer for two and a half years. It was a weekend full of tears and joy, pain and laughter, and I will be forever grateful that my daughter gave up her 16th birthday to attend with me. Two weeks after that weekend. my daughter and I were in a rear end collision and her precious car was totalled. The next day as we were recovering my husband's mother (Natalie's grandmother) took a turn for the worse and she ended up passing away on August 1. My sister (Natalie's aunt) passed away on August 5. As you can see, she has had one whallup of a month, yet she is still an amazing young woman. We celebrated my sister's birthday on August 24 by doing good deeds for others, because that is the type of person my sister was. My daughter did amazing and selfless things. All I know is, if you were to mention her name it would mean the world to her. This concert has been what she looked forward to during all these difficult times the past month. As I said, her name is Natalie Wakefield and she is sitting in Section 220. Thank you for your time and your music. <3
  • Based on the Billy Joel song, "Scenes from an Italian Restaurant" I wrote this short story that I would for Billy to see - in the meantime - read and enjoy.

Eddie walked towards Brenda and put out his hand. She took it and smiled. The piano began and then the voice, “Wise man say, only fools rush in…” He twirled her and then got on one knee, opened up a small box and proposed to his girlfriend with a emerald shaped 2 carat ring. Somebody unplugged the jukebox and the lights went dim.

“Brenda, you are the -“
    “No!” She ran into the girls bathroom followed by her friends, Karen, Daisy and Fran.

https://freddythedaddy.com/the-diner/thediner/
  • veeracerveeracer Posts: 1
    My wife and I have been Billy Joel fans for the better part of 40 years. Our song is "Just the way you are" We just love Billy Joel. That being said we heard about the Madison Square Garden concerts every month and thought that maybe lets fly to NY (from Colorado) and see the concert and then hang for a few days and see the town. Well just a week before we were set to go (Sept 22) the ticket company called and said the concert was cancelled do to Mr. Joel's medical needs. That was fine we figured NY is cool well do the trip and get a refund or resell the tickets later. Here comes the bummer. We spent over $700 on the tickets and the reseller can't sell for that or any where near. Supposedly at the last minute our section had a sudden ticket release and we can't sell maybe at all. Needless to say I'm pissed!!!!! $700+ down the drain. SHIT. The last time I ever buy other than from the box office and the last time for Billy Joel in my book. This whole concert, Theatre thing is a joke. The way you can see top flight entertainment in person is to be loaded. GOOD BYE BILLY LOVED YOU WHEN!!!
  • Just The Way You Are means so much to me. It was a very important part of my relationship with my partner who died suddenly aged 38. This Billy Joel love song was Our special song. Any idea who owns the copyright? I would like to include reference to the song lyrics in my soon to be published Memoir.
  • charcharcharchar Posts: 1
    I'm finally going to a Billy Joel concert. SET 9th, ONE MONTHE BEFORE MY 60TH BIRTHDAY. I get to go with my sister and my daughter (also her birthday). I'm beyond excited! .....BTW...WE're all from ALLENTOWN, TOO!!!
  • Ken_SKen_S Posts: 1
    Last May, I was badly injured in a shipboard accident. I was burned, fell off a catwalk, and fractured my skull, spine, and collarbone. The ship turned around and evacuated me to Mumbai, India, where I was hospitalized. I was stabilized and placed in the Intensive Care Unit for over a week. I was far from home in a country where I didn't know anybody, I faced a language barrier with the people around me, my own phone didn't work, my left hand was immobilized, and I couldn't relieve myself without help. There was nothing to do in the ICU but sit and wait, alone in the world.

The ship's agent became aware of my plight and brought me a cellphone to use as a music player. There was a lot of music on it, but I only remember it for one thing: a whole folder of Billy Joel. I listened to that folder over and over and over again -- it made it so easy to slip into the music and forget that I was lying eight thousand miles from home. I always liked Billy Joel, but that music at that moment meant everything to me. I came hoping to find a fan mail address, but I'll leave this here for now.
  • dave1960dave1960 Posts: 1
    My daughter is getting married in April of 2017. She and her fiance have picked Vienna as their wedding song. Is there anyway possible to get a letter to Billy Joel to request him sending them a handwritten note? I know its a big ask, but if you don't ask you never know.
    Dave
  • jgoudsmithjgoudsmith Posts: 1
    Mr, Joel,

I will be attending your concert on my birthday November 18th at MSG. My daughter Sophia (9 years old) wanted to take me to your show - You are her favorite artist and our favorite song is "She's Gotta Way". I have stage three cancer and going through chemo right now. If you could put this song in your set list it would be amazing (we are in the 20th row).

We love you!

Jason and Sophia
  • hello billy joel
    here i make a special request ,it's personal I'm writing you a message on instagram,i ve done too much credit I would like a home loan loan the interest rate that you will impose m,I would not have you as creditor that I have about 18000 but I would like a loan of 25000 to buy albums and have a reserve in case,grant me a second chance for me financially restore,joelle