Ticket drop

Have there been any ticket drops day of show for any of the MSG shows?

Comments

• SpitzFritzSpitzFritz Posts: 95
    Yes...nothing spectacular but they do free up the day of. Best bet is to go to the MSG box office itself because TM is a crapshoot at best.
  • khell524khell524 Posts: 3
    Any idea on an approximate time they start dropping?
    Probably too late at this point...but in general, after 3 is the ideal time. It's a great way to get great seats but honing in on a timeframe is near impossible.
  • CabernetCabernet Posts: 2
    edited 08/08/14
    I've done the waiting in the drop line a few times for the residency shows at MSG this year.  The box office released tickets between 8:30 and 9:00pm, right before Billy takes the stage. Unfortunately most of the people toward the front of the line are scalpers and/or are being paid to wait for the drops to come out, which is why they wait to release them so close to the time when Billy goes on the stage.  The tickets I got were very good for the shows I waited for, but not everyone got tickets that waited in line at these shows.  His birthday show they only let in 6 people who were allowed to buy up to 2 tickets each, and the other show earlier in the summer there were about 20-25 people allowed to buy tickets.
    Didn't realize they were dropping that late this time around. Good to know.
  • chris9963chris9963 Posts: 5
    just a shame it's come to this for buying tickets. The big buying groups have been ruining it for the "average joe" concert goer for many years now. Legalized scalping? When did all that mysteriously change to Legalized Scalping. I've seen one concert in the past 5 years and it's because I won the tickets to see Rush off a radio station!
  • figaroincfigaroinc Posts: 1
    I have been trying to get tickets for a year.  Every time they go on sale, I go to ticketmaster site, at 10am.  And the best tickets I could get are in the nose bleeds. I am sick to death about it.  How can this be?  I am just a fan wanting to go to a concert.  Real fans have no chance any more.  Sorry Billy Joel.  I may never get to see you live.  I can't afford scalper prices.