Incident at MSG concert April 18, 2014

sonja0617sonja0617 Posts: 4
edited 04/21/14 in Billy Joel Discussion
After waiting years to see Billy Joel in concert, I was so glad when he announced his shows at MSG....and finally, this past Friday, April 18th, my husband and I got the chance.  However, I am beside myself at what transpired that evening.  After being harassed by another fan, a couple rows behind us to sit down in our seats, as we were standing and dancing to the wonderful music, the fan must have made a complaint to (or paid off) security, who then asked my husband and I to follow them out of the stadium.  After a brief explanation, which was simply dancing and singing to the music, security at MSG decided that it was in their best interest for us to leave the arena.  Of course we were pushed to the point of complete upset and anger at this request, which made it easier for them to justify our exit, and we were told that they were unable to file a complaint or write up a report of the incident at that time.  Their response for our removal was simple... “you should have sat down.”  I researched the rules that MSG has posted on their website, and the rules state that you are not allowed to stand on top of your seat or in the isle.  No where does it state that standing in front of your seat is against policy, as it was easy to see that evening, that most of the arena was standing as well, and for the life of me, I cannot believe that Billy Joel would be in business with an establishment who would not tolerate dancing at his concert.   I feel that my rights have been violated, and I feel that I deserve something for the wrongs that have been done, like another opportunity to see the show that we were unjustly taken from.  It is a shame that as a huge fan of Billy Joel, we were treated so unfairly and unjustly by the establishment that he has recently gone into business with, and I hope that in all of my efforts, he will be made aware of this situation.  In no way will this have any impact on my admiration for Mr. Joel...my husband and I have a true appreciation for his music (our wedding song is "Just the Way You Are") and we will continue to be huge fans.  It is just a shame to spend countless money at the garden, Rangers tickets, concert tickets, and such, and have been treated this way.  I appreciate the opportunity to voice my situation and I thank you for listening.

Comments

• SpitzFritzSpitzFritz Posts: 95
    Take it up with the Garden. There's probably more to this story...
  • sonja0617sonja0617 Posts: 4
    We certainly have...and unfortunately, there's probably not much that can be done, as they couldn't even believe a complaint wasn't filed.   
  • This kind of thing happens happens all to often. Good Luck.
    I'm all for standing at concerts but I've always taken the people behind me into account. We're all in the same boat and forked over an arm and a leg to be there, so blocking the view of a bunch of others is rather inconsiderate. Let's get real...you don't need to stand there and rock out to She's Got a Way.My guess is that you were much more obnoxious than you're letting on, seeing as you felt the need to join a message board and write an essay about your experience, not to mention the fact that you think someone may have payed off security to stop you. 
    I'm all for standing at concerts but I've always taken the people behind me into account. We're all in the same boat and forked over an arm and a leg to be there, so blocking the view of a bunch of others is rather inconsiderate. Let's get real...you don't need to stand there and rock out to She's Got a Way.My guess is that you were much more obnoxious than you're letting on, seeing as you felt the need to join a message board and write an essay about your experience, not to mention the fact that you think someone may have payed off security to stop you.