Billy Joel Manager Message

Huge Billy Joel Fans for many years and been to at least 12 concerts since early 80's.  Have twin boys who are musicians influenced by Billy as well (Ones a classical Pianist and one plays Guitar)  bith 12 years old.  They share special bond and both were born on same birthdat as Billy J which is the biggest coincidence (birthday 05/09/2001) we are going to see him this saturday at BB&T Sunrise FL 01/11/14 and was wondering if there is any humanly way possible to get backstage passes to see Billy.  This would mean the World to them!  --- David

Comments

• davidvldsdavidvlds Posts: 14
    See below link of one of his performances

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg8C1mk9sJw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUbptMGgrFXXedofeUq8NQtA
    Going tonight and really can't wait, still hoping that somehow Ill receive a call that they could squeeze us in for a few seconds to meet and greet Billy. Kids have special bond and born the same day as him.
    Just received a call that they can not squeeze us in for tonight.... He is totally booked! We will still have a blast tonight but man I was really hoping that I could pull this off for the boys.
    Amazing Concert, Once Again.... at BB&T Sunrise FL Last Night.   Although, we didnt get to meet and greet billy, he had non-stop 2 hr performance.  Loved that he played some of his older non hits as well like "All for Leyna" "Vienna" "Sleeping with the TV On" "Blonde over blue".  The boys had a Blast.
  • FritzSpitzFritzSpitz Posts: 122
    Blonde Over Blue is, sadly, a "new" nonhit.
  • Toni758Toni758 Posts: 4
    @davidids~ how did you get his manager's info? What is his name? Was it his tour manager? Thanks!
    send me your email and ill send you the info, no problem.
  • Hello to all, I'm new here. @davidvlds I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed the show! I have a unique situation and would love the chance to speak with Billy Joel's manager. We will be seeing him in either Nashville or Louisville in March or April. Could you email it to me as well, please? Is there a way on here to send it privately? Thanks!
  • rockerdivarockerdiva Posts: 5
    davidvids  -  you should fly your twins up to NY to see Billy at Madison Square Garden on their ACTUAL birthday. I believe the show is sold out but if you keep checking ticketmaster, it could happen. Or go the stubhub route ....
  • Toni758Toni758 Posts: 4
    @davidvids I am sorry I didn't respond sooner but I was never notified that you responded to my request for the manager's info. I hope it's not too late and that you will check this email. My email is: abrant13@students.ndc.edu
    Thank you so much! I would like to email or contact him as soon as possible.
  • My wife and a few close friends of ours just saw Billy at The Palace in Auburn Hills a few nights ago.  AWESOME!
  • My name is Maggie and I am 4.5 years old and I just listened to Piano Man for the first time.  I like it super 1 million.  One day I want to go to a Billy Joel show.   So keep playing Billy.  I also am learning to play piano. 
  • FritzSpitzFritzSpitz Posts: 122
    edited 02/26/14
    You should also try staying off of the internet til you're, I dunno, 9?
    Thanks for that mom.
  • BarbdnprnBarbdnprn Posts: 2
    I would love to have the contact information for his manager. I am going to see Billy Joel on June 1 in Phoenix. I have been a fan for 39 years, seeing him for the first time when I was 15 in Chicago. I am having a picture drawn of him by a friend's son and it is almost completed. I am trying to find out how I can get it signed by Mr. Joel himself. Any suggestions? Thank You.Barb
  • We will be flying from Boise Idaho to Las VegasNevada just to see Billy perform next Saturday. It will be my daughters' first concert. They have requested to meet Billy, and of course I said I would email him. This is as close as I can get. 
    Anyway, my daughter Allie is 10 and if she cannot meet Billy she wants to request that he plays My Life. My other daughter, Abbey, is 11 and she wants to request, Big Shot and River of Dreams.
  • SpitzFritzSpitzFritz Posts: 95
    You're pretty much guaranteed RoD and Big Shot...My Life cycles in and out.
  • Hi guys,
    Can someone please provide me the contact person at Billy Joel's management company.  I too am coming to Vegas this weekend to see him.  Ex-long islander that followed Bill's career when he was playing places like the Oyster Bay Bowling Alley as a young performer.  Any help would be greatly appreciated to make my anniversary surprise for my wife.
    Thanks so much: majorleaguejeff@gmail.comI love the posts !!!!
  • grecoballgrecoball Posts: 1
    I just want to say that I was at the concert in Phoenix; Billy was phenomenal.  He is one of the great story tellers with his music of all time.  I work outside all day and it gets hot in Phoenix and Billy's music makes my day go by faster.  Thanks.  Billy is my sons favorite singer; favorite song is Goodnight Saigon.  He can't wait, he is going to the concert to see Billy in Vegas.

Thanks again,
    ps my favorite song is You May Be Right
  • DigiteratiDigiterati Posts: 1
    Can't wait to see you this weekend Mr. Billy Joel.  If you want to hang out with some Air Force Airman on Friday and have a couple of drinks at our squadron bar on Nellis AFB let me konw.  If not, we will see you on Saturday night.  Can't wait to see you and would love to meet you.
  • TrueJoelFan Posts: 2 Level 0
    7:50PM
    I went to the concert in Phoenix last night. I have been a fan of Billy Joel's for almost 36 years. I heard only the good die young in July 1979. I was 12 years old. This was my fourth Billy Joel concert. I am not a rich person, but I have always stood by his music. I bought the albums, then I bought the cassette tapes. After that I bought the CDs. I still have all of them. I have all the VHS tapes except the very first one that was recorded underground right before he moved to LA. Again, I have been a fan for almost 36 of his 50 years as an entertainer. I have always been a proud fan of Billy Joel.

Only the good die young hooked me, but my favorite is your My home. My son loves the ballad of Billy the Kid, and my daughter always loved the River of dreams CD. I don't know which song but that was the CD she loves most. When they were children, both in the fifth grade one year apart, during social studies the teacher put on we didn't start the fire. The teacher handed out the words and my children already knew them. All the kids stared at my children and the teacher stared at my children because they didn't need the words. My son is now a Marine, and on his first tour of duty in Iraq he was a roommate with a guy from New York. They traded I pods and the guy from New York just wanted to know why he had so much Billy Joel on his iPod when he was from Missouri. My son answered... "my mom's a freak" The boys actually stood on a helicopter pad and sang we didn't start the fire sharing my sons iPod, in Iraq. My son called me that day, and I went to the VFW and sang we didn't start the fire for my son. I am also a veteran.

About 15 years ago I saved a friends life. He was going to kill himself. After I saved his life, he went to his moms house and dug out an old 45 from the hassles that was a demo copy only sent to DJs. I emailed Billy Joel and begged for him to autograph this, in my opinion, priceless artifact when he was in Phoenix. I got no response.

When my friend and I got to the stadium last night, I was bound and determined to find someone who would help me get this autograph. I started with T-shirt people, then I went to security who sent me to guest relations. I had floor seats. I really can't afford them, I will probably lose my house in about three months. I am a mother and a grandmother. I have gone to school and become a nurse, a teacher, and after that joined the military. My last big dream for now was to meet Billy Joe and to have him sign this 45 from 1967.

That did not happen. When I got to the floor, I saw someone with the badge that read Billy Joel Guest. I found out he was part of the promoters. He looked around, after seeing my 45, and found someone on Billy Joel staff who he thought could help me. This person saw my 45. He told me Billy Joel would not autograph it. He was very kind, he explained that it had been a hard trip and he doesn't see people a doesn't autograph anything. Maybe in an airport if you see him, but he won't autograph anything. He told me he's had things since January that Billy Joel will not autograph. I tried to tell him I was a disabled American veterans, but he cut me off. Of course I was crying. I was crying a lot. My dream was being shattered. The person did ask me how many children I have and I said I have a son and a daughter. He gave me a bunch of guitar picks.

I don't know about you, but since July 1979, I have always been a true fan. Again, almost 36 of his 50 years in entertainment. No offense to his opening act of Gavin, but I think I am the bigger Billy Joel fan. I've been around a couple days longer!

Last night was the first time I was ever sad to be the Billy Joel fan.
    TrueJoelFan Posts: 2 Level 0
    8:49PM
    One other thing, the 45 came out before I wasn't even one year old.On the plug side, the DJ wrote bad and dated it 10-3-67 In red ink. At that time I was six days old. I believe Karma brought this 45 to me. And again Gavin he was in my life before yours!
  • fasttomatofasttomato Posts: 8
    Seems like "the man" has gotten too big for his britches. I really think I am grateful for my "ordinary life!"
  • carrie10carrie10 Posts: 2
    Hey, I wanted to ask about a donation for my charity, the Friends of Forbes Hospice in PIttsburgh, PA?  I saw Billy at the Civic Arena and when I was in College at Penn State,,...he played in Juniata. HE must have been 25 or so?????? Both were really great concerts....I have many of his albums too....not sure which I like the best, though.  Thanks. Carol k
  • I would love to get the manager's info. I have been a fan since I was a baby! I grew up listening to his music and I'll be 25 at the end of the month. He is the only consistent singer I have listened to this long. I have been trying and trying to see him in concert. No luck however. Tickets are either too much, or the closest location is too far away. I would love if he came to Central PA to sing. I would save my money to meet him. My dream (this has been a consistent dream, almost my entire life), is to see him perform live and to meet him personally. I would never go to another concert again if I could just see him and meet him. I'd of course see him again! Please if someone can get me the manager's info, I would be greatly appreciated!
    I have also been given my father's record player and have The Stranger, Piano Man, An Innocent Man, Turnstiles, and 52nd Street. I am on the look out for the rest of his records. There is just something about the sound of a record!
    Thank you all for your time. I'm not sure how to do any private info but my email is: jessica_mowery@hotmail.com
  • Brendan72Brendan72 Posts: 7
    Could somebody say the tour managers info in this conversation. What is the point of private talks?
  • SpitzFritzSpitzFritz Posts: 95
    Because then you'll have any idiot bombarding them with inane requests.
  • lastgal01lastgal01 Posts: 2
    Everyone who is a fan of Billy Joel has a uniquely meaningful story of how much his music has meant to them. Fans of Billy Joel know how much we mean to him. With every magnificent performance he shows/tells how grateful he is for the opportunity to do what he loves.

Fans old  (i prefer the term 'vintage') and new would cherish forever a few 'seconds', 'minutes', 'moments' of his time. My personal request would be to have a coffee with him and people watch for 10mins. But If all of these small requests were added together, this man would never have a chance to eat, sleep, think or create anything.

I am grateful that he has been willing and able to share his gift with us and hope he will continue on.

• I'm listening to now, "MY LIVES" DISC 1. Billy, is ask. Please show your performance in Japan in the near future.
  • tlc3560tlc3560 Posts: 1
    Been to three different states to see you lately.... Now it's your turn to return the favor... come to Texas.... we love you!!!  Also, loved the motorcycle display at Oyster Bay (who wouldn't)
  • @daviddivs: pleae can you send me the manager info? My email is anighbert@gmail.com. I would really appreciate it, it's too hard to find here on the west coast. :)
  • @truejoelfan: sorry you didn' t get your autograph, but I don't necessarily think it was Billy's fault. Somebody of his fame probably has layers of people between him and the public, and with good reason. I've been a Billy Joel fan myself since '79, and I lived in Italy then...I've seen him a couple of times when he came out west (I'm in CA now), and have all his songs on a medium or another. However, I think even he would be a little cautious after reading your post. I don't know if I would spend money to go see any concert, even Billy's, if I was about to lose my house...Sometimes, public figures, actors, singers etc. get a little scared when some of their fans do or say things that are not quite logical or in their best interest. I think even Billy would have saved his money instead and tried to save his house. Besides, I'm sure he doesn't sign anything because then people would make money off of his name, and it happened to him before, that's why he moved to LA for a while.